Friday, June 22, 2012

When God Ran

It’s been years since the last time I heard this song.

During our discussion on “Sin & Grace” of our Wednesday homegroup study last night, out of the blue, I suddenly thought of this song and asked the presider to have this as our closing song.  We discussed that sins are the reasons why we are separated from God, and it is through Jesus Christ that we are saved.

I noticed that we often make our human frailty as our excuse to make sin.  In Tagalog, we reason out na:“Tao lng ako, nagkakasala rin.”

But it is just sooooo amazing that our God is a loving God, and He will run to us and fetch us to come back to Him.  That very moment that we decide to come back home, He will be there, patiently waiting for us to be wrapped again in His warm embrace. =)

When God Ran by Phillips Craig and Dean

Almighty God, the great I am
Immovable rock, omnipotent, powerful awesome Lord
Victorious Warrior, commanding King of Kings
Mighty Conqueror, and the only time
The only time I ever saw Him run

Was when He ran to me,
He took me in His arms
Held my head to His chest
Said "My son's come home again"
Lifted my face, wiped the tears from my eyes
With forgiveness in His voice
He said, "Son,do you know I still love you?"
He caught me by surprise, when God ran

The day I left home I knew I'd broken His heart
And I wondered then, if things could ever be the same
Then one night I remembered His love for me
And down that dusty road ahead I could see
It was the only time
It was the only time I ever saw Him run

 

 

Keep learning and keep on moving forward!


Cheers,
Lyn-Lyn _(“,)/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...