Wednesday, April 25, 2012

We Should Be Grateful of Our Pains

As I looked back at the Bounce series of PICC Feast, I am amazed that it was this series title because the words “bounce back” have been one of my fave’s since then.  As I reflect on this talk, I always recall the most, major tragic storm that made way to test my character, to strengthen my family’s bond and to deepen our faith to the Great Guy above.  Just want to share this blog post that I wrote almost two years ago: _(“,)/


Finally, Home Sweet Home =)
written on: October 8, 2010


One thousand eight hundred two days ago
…whoooaw! That long?  It seems just yesterday, but just add-on another 24 days and it will mark the fifth year since we lost the house that I called home for the first 20 years of my life.

“It seems to be just an ordinary day when things just happen
the way they usually do, but something is different from what’s
happening lately. Suddenly, there’s a twist of events and…” (more.)

Back during that time, I could not even accept and process in my brain what most people say, “God has a purpose for letting this happen to you and your family.”  Whaaaat?  Being down to nothingness is His purpose?  It was a loooong journey of holding on to our faith, of accepting the current situation, of dealing with all the circumstances and consequences, and finally, of letting go of what-used-to-be:

 “I wished you would be able to experience the wonderful
things I had at the place I called home for 20 years,
18 days and 21 hours of my life. But, it’s impossible now.
I am wondering how you are right now…” (more.)

But now, I see the purpose.  Without this trial that shook my family’s life 5 years ago, we would not be stronger as how we are now.  Through this, we have increased our faith and trust in Him.  We found real friends who’d been there when we had nothing.

Minutes from now, once I take my fingers off my laptop, I’ll pack my things.  It’s going to be final goodbye to our rented place.  Tomorrow morning, just before the sun rises, we’ll be arriving to our new home – where I will be celebrating my 25th birthday. =)


QUOTABLE QUOTE: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your path.” – Proverbs 3:5

LESSON LEARNED: There’s a rainbow always after the rain. It’s not the what, it’s always the “how”.  Whatever situation that comes in your life, it’s always “how” you deal with it that matters.




Keep learning and keep on moving forward! _(“,)/
 
Cheers,
Lyn-Lyn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...