Friday, October 26, 2012

A Lesson from Using Off-Hours Sell Orders for CitisecOnline

The other day, I had the opportunity to use the off-hours sell orders for my online stock brokerage firm, the CitisecOnline (now known as COL Financial Group), for the FIRST TIME!! :-)  I normally do the buy/sell orders when the market is open. :)

Given my current time difference with Pinas, my current location here in the UK is 7 hours behind than the PHL time (this coming Sunday, it is the start wherein we will have an extra hour to give way for the daylight savings, aka winter season, so it's going to be an 8-hour difference by next week!).  This means that while I'm asleep at the other side of the world, the PSEi is already moving and dancing with yellow, red and green colors! Yay!



The other day, I was soooo eager to sell one of my stocks, so I navigated through the off-hours order tab, and set the number of shares I would sell and my selling price. And voilah! When I wake up the next day, my sale order was captured by the system. Yet another thing surprised me when I received COL's email confirmation. My shares were sold, and it was added with 17% more to my indicated selling price!


What just happened? Did I just get lucky?

....well, I have learned that when we set off-hours sell orders, the system gets whatever is the opening price of the share and becomes the selling price. Hmmm, I think I was blessed.that the opening price was the stock's highest price to date. :))

I am unsure if it works the same for off-hours buy orders. I'll try that feature next time. ;)


Keep learning and keep on moving forward!

Cheers,
Lyn-Lyn _(",)/

10 comments:

  1. Hi Ate Lyn,
    Question po. Do you engage in short term trading in COL? Or you just do long term investing as recommended by Bro. Bo? Thanks po. More blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aia... :) Yes, I do trade for some selected stocks. All others are for long-term. Nag-iinvest kna rin ba? :)

      Delete
    2. Yes po. But all for long term. I also would like to trade, but I'd like to minimize risks. Hehe. What can you advice for a beginner like me? :)
      You are my mentor now. :D
      Just love your passion for investing :)
      thanks ate Lyn! More abundance! :)

      Delete
    3. You're welcome, Aia! I have invited you to the group, and hope you can learn more with the help ng mga fellow investors natin. =) God bless and happy investing! \(",)/

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. Hi Lyn :)
      Can I also join this group? :D

      Delete
    6. Hi Carlo, yes of course! :) Hanapin mo lng ang The Global Filipino Investors TGFI sa Facebook, via this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/344178832356349/

      Or you can also join Investing in the Philippines via this https://www.facebook.com/groups/pinoyinvesting/

      :)

      Delete
  2. heheh matututo ka din magtrade aia :D hehehe gud thing is you start na to invest, welcome to the world of stocks :D godbless you both! mwah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mami Cha! :) Kmsta ang investments mo? Congratulations ulit sa inyo ni Dadi Eug! mwaah!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...