Thursday, March 08, 2012

A Letter to My 16 Year Old Self [Day 17]

Dearest Lyn-Lyn,

Greetings of Peace and Prosperity!

This letter comes at your doorsteps from a future time when you will be a decade from now.  Are you excited? I do hope that you will be able to read this before you go march onstage to receive your high school diploma.  I know that at this time, you are in the midst of mixed feelings, altogether.  Sadness that your daily routine will no longer involve the friends and classmates you’ve grown up with since you were 7 years old;  Excitement for the college years of meeting new people from all other places and from different schools; and  Curiosity for a life that will just be few steps away from being a teenager and a few steps closer to being a matured woman.


I know you’re very much eager to go out of your comfort zone and try out the schools that are very far from home.  We are very much alike - we always want to meet new people and discover new things.  But take a hush.  It’s not yet time to go far.  You will discover it once you are in my place 10 years after your high school graduation.
clock
Have you finally decided which college course you will take?  It’s Accountancy, isn’t it? No doubt.  You do well in numbers.  But I have to warn you, you will be disappointed and frustrated with this course.  Why? Because it will never ever ever involve your favorite algebra nor trigonometry nor all those calculations that your braincells can easily grasp. (I really wonder how you did it).  Accountancy is going to bore you – as it just involves simple basic mathematics of adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.  In your first year, you will even try to think of shifting to Nursing, because it is where your friends are and fun is there.  But I tell you, stick to the boring stuff (and just find activities outside the course that will give you fun. Hehe..)

I’m not sure if I have to give you a clue about your lovelife now – (don’t smash me for spilling this out!).   Surely, this part of your life is the one that you’re so giddy-yippy to find what the outcome will be.  Am I right? C’mon..!  Do I really have to say it out now?  I guess, I will just let you discover how this will be – this is one area of your life that will make you one tough cookie.  A few months from now, you will finally have your first boyfriend! (Yeheeee…!) But he’s not your long-time puppy crush that you’ve been eyeing to end up with since you were 11. Haha..! (*Heart crashed!*) This first bf of yours is a hunk (uh-huh!), which will also be the reason why you will not end up with him even. Ooops..! Have I been so tackless now? :P  You will discover more people who will make or break you (depends on how you deal with them) along the way.  But I assure you, a few more years when your heart is ready, you will meet ‘the one’.  He’s somewhere in the future waiting for your paths to cross – he will be there to serenade you as often as you like and will share with you loud laughter and everyday fun.  Be patient and wait for him.  He’s coming to meet you soon.




You will still be best buddies with your high school berks, with just a little twist.  You might not be the best with the bestfriend you have now, but you will discover the best in a person you thought you will never get close to.  Life is going to be funny and challenging for you, still stick to your values.  Treasure old friends – because they will still be with you a decade from now.  They will be your source of strength.

Another warning: there will be a great storm coming your way just a few months before your college graduation. Did I already say how GREAT this storm is?  It’s going to drag you into pieces and will get you close to raising the white flag of surrender.  This storm will turn out as a hurricane that will take everything away from you – and you will be down to zero. Down to nothingness. Nil. Nadah. Uh-huh.  But this oh-so-great trial will going to mold you into the person that you will be – the person who is writing to you this letter across from a future time.  I say, go through this trial.  When you are close to giving up, just keep on moving.  Keep on…keep on…keep going, keep moving.  You have to go through this trial because this will be your “turning point” – the 360 degree shift in your perspectives, values and character.  Have I told you to treasure old friends? Because this trial will also help you filter those people who will be with you once you are down on this trial.  (And believe me, you will thank this trial for coming to you and your family’s way.)


Once you will be on the time that I am in now (which is 10 years from your time), you will get the applause of people. Lots will recognize you – some friends of a friend of friends will suddenly know you.  That’s why this oh-so-great-TRIAL has to come – because this will make you humble and meek, and most of all, to really recognize those people who’ve been there for you while you’re down to nothingness.  The best is that you will discover a binding relationship with Him, your Mighty Creator.


Life inspiration

On your working years as a professional, you will meet three best boy buddies who will call you “pare”.  They will help you ease the demands and stress of your chosen profession, which will lead you to where you are now.  Do remember that on your first working years, make a habit to save part of your everyday income

There will be people coming your way that will help you with your financial journey.  Also take heart your passion in entrepreneurship since you were a kid, you might forget it along the way, but it will still manifest within you.  You will also discover other financial investments through stock market investing, mutual funds and real estate.  Be selfless (oh, I know you will be).   Let your talents be discovered by the world.  You will be a source of inspiration.  As you always pray that God will make you His instrument, it will be granted through the use of information technology.  It’s already just a few years from now.


I guess I have already spill a lot about your life for the next 10 years, and it’s time to park my pen now.


This letter will just be your guide for the kind of life that you will have in the coming years.

By the way, I sent you a postcard from the future.  I was thinking that you might like to have some souvenir from me.  See you at this place 10 years from now!


London Big Ben Clock

Congratulations in advance!

Keep learning and keep on moving forward! _(“,)/

Always,

Your future self in 2012

The concept of this entry came from Kuya Fitz. :)
PS: I just thought that this one also covers my Day 17: What’s something you wish you could say to someone? of my 30-day blog challenge. ^_^ Yey!

9 comments:

  1. What a heartwarming letter... made me smile.

    First time here in your blog and I must say you're doing a great job here so far.

    Keep on blogging. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit, Kuya Fitz. I really appreciate it. :) Your blog has been a source of inspiration to. Keep on writing, as well, and thanks for this concept. :) I had a great time looking back 10 years ago. :)

      Delete
  2. a letter made for my graduating students.

    i will post this sa fb! this is good and shall serve an early realization for them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, langga. :) I never thought that by writing this entry, I could inspire your 4th year graduating students. Tumpak! hehe... My blog entry was just on time pla for the month of graduation. ^_^

      Delete
  3. Miga, kanami sang imo post. I love it. Keep moving forward tuod and continue to inspire people. You are my inspiration gid miga. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha, Cy! :) Thanks gid sa pag-bisita. Salamat. I'm glad that this post has inspired you. Reli? I'm you're inspiration? Wla mo mn ko pnag-nasahan ha? hahahaha! Jowk. ^_^

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Ako din, sis. It's a humble reflection on my part - and binabalik-balikan ko pa rin siang basahin. =)

      Delete
  5. I also bought a book with exact same title. It is so heartwarming when I read something like this. I have sooooo much to say to my 16-year-old self.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...